In the name of Easter Sunday, I caved in and decided to humor the holiday by ignoring my valiant attempt at shedding about five to seven pounds. In other words: I ate and ate and ate all things chocolate, especially those egg-shaped ones with cream fillings.
In all honesty, I was fired up and raring to go with ideas about this blog post. But then the weekend happened (especially this holiday weekend) and eet ees kaput for zos ideas. I seem to find myself in that same scenario and it is JUST SAD. And I’m not just talking about this blog. I’m talking about my life in general. All three of my bestfriends got married the last two years and they all started having kids last year. Even the ones who were mean and horrible to me during high school settled down. I look at myself and cringe. I mean, I always thought there’s a trade-off. Like, if you’ve got a pretty great family life and career, then your love life might as well suck. Or if you have a career and an awesome love life, then your family life is barely holding their shit together. And so I have come to my own conclusion: THE UNIVERSE IS CONSPIRING AGAINST ME.
Luckily, I am the glass-half-full type of person. There is always a lesson learned and this time I get to choke in more than one. Yippee! And they are:
- Be more conscious of the choices you make in life.
- Do not just react. Act upon things and situations.
- Count thy blessings to stay sane.
- Love the life you have and live it, making room for improvements and (good) changes along the way.
- Laughter is still one of the best medicines. (Well, next to Ibuprofen, anyway.)
- Want to look young? Don’t be a grouch. It starts within.
- Do not get out of the house without lip balm, BB cream and concealer on. Otherwise, you’ll scare off those around you.
- Pack your zombie survival kit because you never know.
Okay, so the last one was quite arbitrary. I’ll blame it on watching (yet again) “The Walking Dead” (season 1). Don’t worry, the next post will talk about something more useful for all you fellow foxes. Hint: No, I will not wax philosophical. God forbid I try to think too much again and scrutinize words uttered and declarations murmured with pop psychology. This is Foxes & Fangs, please. Now, if you’ll excuse me I will wander off and bury myself under the sheets. It is late and there is still work in a couple of hours. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do…