Christmas songs permeate the air. There is a nip in the cool morning air. There is a subtle shift in everyone’s mood, and that shift is for the better. Work is good (thank God + *knock on wood*), I have yet to catch up on my word count for NaNoWriMo, I managed to watch two horror movies over the weekend, I craved for Twix chocolate bars, et cetera, ET CETERA. However, right now? These:
1. Thinking: about the coming weekend
2. Enjoying: This post from Heather (Dooce) about starting a meaningful Thanksgiving tradition.
3. Feeling: Content but still restlessness (that always lurks around)
4. Wishing: That I get to complete this novel I am working on for NaNoWriMo.
5. Needing: a copy of Stephen King’s “Revival”
6. Wanting: a cup of Starbucks’ Christmas Cookie latte (venti, please!)
7. Listening: “Burn” by Ellie Goulding
8. Making: a novel (or at least, trying to)
9. Eating: nothing right now
10: Drinking: water (at least there’s one healthy habit: drink 8 glasses of water a day)
And because creating a “currently” list is oddly fun, I decided to do something I haven’t done for years: A shuffle poem. Remember that time someone tagged you to listen on you iPod or any music player, put it on shuffle mode and then create a poem by taking the first line of each of the first 10 songs that come up? Yeah, it’s corny but it’s fun. Here’s my shuffle poem for today (and I have the feeling the next one will be long in coming):
I don’t wanna be no star
Now the end is drawing near
I need your love
And after the storm,
As the winter winds litter London with lonely hearts
I go a little crazy sometimes
Do you think about me when you’re all alone?
Wait ’til you’re announced
Well you only need the light when it’s burning low
Making money, it isn’t easy.
You can find my playlist in my Spotify account here: Toehold on Sanity.