… made the bad guys good —
Wait, wait. No, that’s a line from Taylor Swift’s newly released song, “Blank Space.” Okay, let me start again. *clears throat* Over the weekend…
1. I fell behind on my word count for NaNoWriMo. This embarrassing and dismal falling behind includes Friday. Which means that as of today, I should churn out 6,668 words.
2. I finally watched “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and it was pretty okay. I liked the cartoon series better. The one I watched as a child, that era when owning a Nintendo Family Computer was cool. And so were slouched socks, Troll dolls (they were ugly; I don’t know why I even owned one) and Doc Martens shoes the size of trucks.
3. I feigned disinterest over a guy who I think is actually good-looking because, well, the moment called for it.
4. (In relation to item number one) I tried writing a scene that would usually disturb me. It was inspired by a nightmare I had a few months ago. I added another scare factor to that scene, since it seemed to fit the feel so well.
5. I ate so much junk food that if it’s possible to gain ten pounds in two days, I had just achieved that.
While the weekend was neither exciting nor full of surprises, it was one of the good ones I had. It was relaxing, a time well spent with at home.