Quite recently, someone included my blog in their Very Inspiring Blogger Award. My first thought was: “Seriously?” I thought a mistake was made. My blog was probably thrown into his list in confusion. I mean… this blog? Really? These sporadic bursts of posts which, in no way, follows nor assumes a niche? This NONSENSE? I checked again, just to be sure. Then I checked once more, because I still wasn’t convinced. It has been a long time since my blog has been included in an award. To be honest, the last time was when I was still in college, back when I was starting to get all fired up with my oh-so-new enthusiasm for coding websites. But I digress. Let’s go back to the topic at hand, shall we?
As it turns out, Edgar from Raven Apotheosis gave me one of the reasons why the start of 2015 was a good one. Thank you very much, Edgar, for nominating me! 🙂 And if you’re here reading this right now, whether you’ve been here before or wound up here by mistake, thank you as well for stopping by. Thank you for the comments (oh, how I love that part!) and for the time. I know there are other blogs out there and while it doesn’t make sense why you choose to stay here, even if only for a while, it does warm my heart. I only hope that my posts, as random and silly as they may be at times, have given you something to laugh about or learn from. (Horror stories, anyone? Taylor Swift fixation, yes?) There are other blogs out there that I have grown to love through the months, the years. I think now is a good time as any to nominate them. When I nominate you, please remember these three simple rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you by linking his/her blog and display the award logo.
- Nominate at least 15 other blogs (more or less). Link their blogs and inform them about the nomination.
- Mention three things that inspired you the most this week (you can talk about last week’s inspiration too).
- Horror Boom
- The Pyreflies
- Irresponsible Cactus
- Jade & Oak
- The Sultry Scribe
- 70 Percent Pure
- Kitty and Buck
- Lauren Lively
- Sincerely, Sara
Now on to the three things that lit fire in various emotional, transcendental ways last week:
1. Sitting on the uncomfortable plastic chair and writing away. I have found writing to be quite a struggle for the past couple of months now. I know they say to write when you can but I really, really struggle with writing when my environment is loud. I find that words flow out of me easily when I am in a quiet place. To be honest, it has been a while since I have written something decent. I know NaNoWriMo is responsible for the great help. I bought a thick notebook last November and right now, it has been half-filled with a piece of fiction which I have been turning over my mind for months and months prior to NaNoWriMo. While it may not seem much, it’s a great improvement from that time when I could go on for weeks, even months, of not writing.
2. Other people’s blogs. I love reading and that includes blog posts, be it personal or not. There is always something to learn from each post. Plus points for the gorgeous photos. I follow a handful of blogs because I spend more time in the internet than I should. 😉 I follow them via Bloglovin’ and a day rarely goes by when I don’t check my feed there. I love how I learn new things each time I read someone else’s blog.
3. Seeing the video of Liam, my boss’s little man, dancing to a very groovy tune. I have been keeping track, literally halfway from the other side of the globe, of how he is doing. (I know. That sounded very stalkerish. I assure you it is not, though. *pause* You may just have to take my word for it.) It was very heartwarming to see him in that video, dancing to his heart’s content. The little guy (so adorable!) has gone through a difficult stage in his young life and overcame it, still smiling, still laughing, dancing (and he never missed a beat!), eating ice-cream, and posing for the camera. (The one where he is with a couple of superheroes is such a cute photo!) LIAM STRONG, indeed. 🙂