It’s mid-morning and I have nowhere to go. So I sit in the dining table, staring off into space. I look like the poster child for “Space Cadet” but there are only two dogs here to witness this facial expression, so who cares? As my eyes take on that glazed, faraway look, my mind is already off to wondering about my birthday plans (hint: Something like this.) And then I’m thinking about these two stories in my head that I am no longer writing. Then I think of getting my own website. (Stick with the name Foxes & Fangs?) Then I think of an e-zine collaboration with a good friend from college. On and on the thoughts swirl and whirl. And this is just breakfast.
I would really, really like my weekends to be productive on my end. I think it’s high time I just stop thinking too much and just… just do something. In the website I help manage for the company I work for, we have this “Quote of the Day” section that has a theme for each month. Maybe I should apply that but instead of making it monthly, I’d like to make it into a quarterly goal. Like for this second quarter, my (personal) theme would be “tyro.” I like that. I know there are other people out there doing the same thing. I have read other bloggers tell their stories about it. Maybe I should just stop planning and putting things off. Instead of sitting on my ass at past nine in the morning, gathering wool and mentally re-creating a music video of “Blank Space” (I’d be the star — move over, Taylor — but I’d like to retain Sean O’ Pry as my leading man, please.), I could start with something small. And perhaps, maybe, that something small will actually get done. Right, BFF Blake?
Right. It looks like she disagrees with my latest declaration of another passion project (a SMALL one, okay). I’ll pretend I didn’t see her rolling her eyes. For the meantime, I have hunted and gathered awesome internet finds so that you don’t have to:
- For my fellow horror fans, here’s the trailer for “The Visit.” Tip: When your grandparents tell you that 9:30 is bedtime, then it’s bedtime, okay?
- Yeah, designing a workspace to encourage creativity is always a good thing. Be inspired and watch the video.
- I am in love with this color palette.
- I can neither cook nor bake. So this no bake banana cream cheesecake is a real winner.
- Yet another horror trailer: “The Vatican Tapes.” As if I wasn’t traumatized enough by “The Exorcism of Emily Rose.”
- “Seat 21A” is a touching story (interspersed with wit) about pausing long enough to reflect on your words and actions before actually opening your mouth and doing something.
- I am not done yet with my “Gossip Girl” fixation. Here is a short video starring Serena van der Woodsen, my favorite character.
- Branding with words? What? Never underestimate the power of words when it comes to branding your blog or product or service. Check out Julie’s article and read on. You’ll be glad you did.
- Have you been blogging for long? Long enough to reach that point wherein you feel as if it’s no longer fun or fulfilling? Kyla Roma talks about that and what you can do to stay inspired blogging.
- Here is a list of 10 car crashes wrapped in vagueness. Why did it happen? How did it happen in the first place?
I hope you enjoy these links. Now go make a happy weekend happen!