This is Friday: wake up from seven hours’ worth of sleep, start work at 4 PM, and find that your face is one stop short from slamming against the keyboard because, you know, you KIND OF fell asleep. (Times like today, it’s a good thing I’m small. My desk hides me pretty well.) Yep. This is Friday. Welcome to my world.
Random thoughts and musings for today and a couple of leftover thoughts from the past days:
One: Spotify, why do you keep on hanging? And the only song that you keep playing from one of my playlists is Justin Timberlake’s “Not A Bad Thing.” It’s a nice song, don’t get me wrong. Very romantic. But the song lyrics, at this point, scares me. Here’s why:
- “Maybe you’ll let me borrow your heart” – My God. Borrow? BORROW? Yeah, sure. While you’re at it, how about you borrow my white v-neck shirt, too? It’s really soft. You’ll love borrowing it.
- “And is it too much to ask for every Sunday / And while we’re at it, throw in every other day to start” – Every other day. Wow. That sounds so… so serious… Oh, will you look at that. I have dishes to do, a giraffe by the pool to feed, a bear to walk in the forest. Yeah, you could tell I am totally busy. Sorry. Maybe see you next Sunday?
- “But I could be that guy to heal it over time” – That’s great. That’s awesome. I could heal you, too. In “Dragon Age 2” I have a soft spot for mages, especially Anders. So that makes me a healer by association. (All this geeky talk should now send you running for the other direction.)
- “So don’t act like it’s a bad thing to fall in love with me” – Excuse me? Who said anything about love? I am not in any imminent danger of falling in love. (Don’t say I’m in denial. Just… don’t.)
- “Now how about I’d be the last voice you hear tonight? And every other night for the rest of the nights that there are” – Oh dear. Here we go… How many nights are we talking about here again?
- “I know people make promises all the time / Then they turn right around and break them” – Okay. Of all the things you said, this is the one thing I am not going to argue about.
- “No I won’t fill your mind / With broken promises and wasted time / And if you fall, you’ll always land right in these arms” – Hmm… HMM… *looks around nervously*
Two: Today’s coffee is not working. It’s just not. Time to hit coffee #2.
Three: How perfect is the movie, “Before We Go”? Best line for me is this one, from Chris Evans’ character:
“You’re gonna meet somebody. And now, at first, she’s gonna seem… icy. You’re gonna know right away she’s trouble. But stay with her; you’re gonna need her a lot more than she needs you. And at the end of the night, you’re gonna want to say some things, but don’t. Don’t ruin it. It’s nothing she doesn’t already know. Just give her a kiss. Wish her good luck. And thank her. Thank her for showing you that you can love more than one person in this life.”
Four: I need a haircut. To quote Coco Chanel:
“A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.”
I don’t even know what I am doing with my life, apart from sorting out a few personal issues, but a haircut at this point sounds wonderful.
Five: I badly need that soul-searching trip. I saw this one here and I just hope that whoever my roommate will be, it’s going to be a girl. A nice girl. Still related to the trip: The tour includes spelunking! I have been wanting to try that for years!!! *muffles scream* Oh, be still, my beating heart.
Six: You may or may not have noticed that I have been posting protected posts recently. (Only two… Oh, wait. Just one now. I made the first one public.) Please bear with me. I need to type out those thoughts and sentiments and (ugh!) feelings before they escape me. Words and emotions combined are tricky things, so I grasp them and write them down before they wriggle away.
Seven: Didn’t Brooke Dalton’s line, “I’m the poster girl for running. Running is easier.” hit you so hard it feels like someone gave you a roundhouse kick AND threw a ninja star on your forehead? Better get your act together.
I was aiming for 10 things to list down but it’s a Friday and I am sleepy and hungry (again), so seven it is. Seven is a good number, okay? Trust me. I’m a reliable person when it comes to numbers. (If you actually know me, you’d know that was not the truth.) In any case, have a happy weekend! 😀 With that said, let me leave you with this gif so that whenever you feel bad, you’d remember that you are: