When madness descends during summer, your mind whips up all these seemingly brilliant spur-of-the-moment plans. The keyword there is “seemingly.” Go figure. Like this list:
- April has just started but I’m already counting down the days until June. *jumps up and down in excitement* (Keeping my fingers — and toes! for good measure! — crossed for this one!)
- I have no specific beach to go to any time soon, but I already bought a new bikini. (Maybe I should just push through with the joke I’ve been telling my co-workers? Buy an inflatable pool, lounge in it with a bottle of Mule in one hand, a good book in the other. Or maybe just fall asleep there. Our next-door neighbors will probably get frightened in case they happen to see me. In that case: I’m sorry, neighbors. You’ll only have nightmares for three days, max.)
- Hoard all episodes of “Supernatural” season 11 and binge-watch over one weekend.
- Write. Just… write. (This one I haven’t done in days.)
- Buy the “Blackbird” duology and “Welcome to Night Vale.”
- Watch “The Conjuring 2” with friends. (Scene 1:49 freaked me out. It’s a good thing I did not watch this while in bed.)
- Ilocos, I am looking at you.
- Dear July (the month, not a person), should I or shouldn’t I?
Tangent: I’m back in the night shift at work right now, which means I am basically a social pariah during the weekends. Unless, of course, plans are made during the night until the wee hours of the morning.
I am still hungover from Chris Evans’ chick flicks. I loved how his character in “Playing It Cool” finally found someone who complements him. Too bad the girl’s taken… But then again, I also loved how he pursued the girl. Never mind that he made an ass out of himself, as seen below:
I also loved how the two characters in “Before We Go” found and helped each other without even realizing it, until the end:
And here’s another favorite scene of mine:
OH NO! My sappy side is showing!
What can I say? I heard Chris Evans rom-coms tend to do that. 😀 Well, it’s almost the weekend. I hope you’re having a wonderful, wonderful time wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, and whoever you’re with.
“Do you think the universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences.” ― Emery Allen