This year, so far, has been all about deaths and moving on. It’s like after those years of having a stable, predictable day-to-day life, Fate or Life or Universe or whatever decided to pull a big, fast one on me. “I think you have been far too stagnant for too long. Let’s spice things up.” It said. And before I knew it… BOOM!
While it has been heartbreaking and disheartening at the same time, I don’t want to just simply give up. I don’t want to wallow and not do something. Make no mistake: there are times when I just want stay in bed and not move. But a bigger part of me demands that I don’t give up. That everything happens for a reason. That there is still so much to be thankful for. That there is still beauty in life. It’s funny. Every time I think of just wallowing and crying, that part of me steps up. And I end up doing things, saying things. To the point that even I surprise myself sometimes.
I once was told by someone dear, “God bless you for your strength but you’ll need to tame your pride. And God bless the man you’ll end up with someday. A strong woman like you won’t know what to do with him. You’re a little too independent.” Ouch. That’s like telling me it’s impossible to find someone. (Isn’t it, though? Haha.) Also? Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around: He won’t know what to do with me. 😀
I have always thought of myself as pretty laid-back. Someone who loves to see the humor in situations. (My family uses sense of humor to diffuse any tense situation.) Someone who would rather let wrong things slide and move on because grudges don’t sit well with me. I don’t know what to do with compliments, aside from the usual “thank you.” I dislike being the center of attention. I hate how my face is unable to hide my emotions. And that it makes me a terrible liar. In fact, I am unable to reconcile my supposed zodiac sign with my personality. Here, take a look at these Leo traits (born on July, the most awesome month. Never mind that it’s the rainy month this side of the world!), which made me blink once, twice, once more. I may or may not have raised my eyebrows when I read them.
Leo traits that would describe anyone but me:
- Leos remember the small things. – Sometimes, I forget where I place my things. I even tend to forget my officemates’ names and there are only 18 of us. Yeesh!
- Leo females are different from other girls. – How different is different?
- Leos’ emotions are like a light switch. They can turn them on or off anytime. – What? Am I a robot?
- Ignore a Leo birthday and be ignored from their life. They take birthdays seriously. – Actually, I let that one slide because I tend to forget birthdays, too.
- Once a Leo’s mind is set, there is little chance of changing it. – Um, not really.
- Leo’s confidence makes them appear very attractive. – …
- Leos are very direct, sometimes to a fault. – I am direct only when I run out of patience or I have had a little too much to drink.
- A Leo can get away with murder with their charm and smile. – I have never murdered anyone, so let me get back to you on this one.
- A Leo is usually quite unaware of the effects of their massive energy. Don’t blame them, though. It’s just the way they are. – Massive energy. *mind blown* Wow.
And then there are traits that are so generic that it’s practically applicable to every other person, including myself:
- Leos are very loyal to their friends and enjoy helping others.
- Leos’ pet peeve is being ignored.
- Leos’ relationship goal is someone who motivates them to become a better person and shows them the potential they don’t see in themselves.
- For a Leo to like you, they have to be curious about you.
- Leos are fiercely loyal, sticking with their lover through thick or thin.
- Leos don’t beg. They let you walk away.
- Leos need their time alone once in a while, to refresh.
- Leos don’t trust words. They trust actions.
- Leos can understand your side of the situation without agreeing with you.
- Leos hate excuses. Just tell them what happened and move on.
- Behind every beautiful Leo woman, there is a dumb ass guy who did her wrong and made her strong.
- Leo woman makes a good partner because she gives undying affection and love and makes you feel really good about yourself.
But then there are also traits that are spot on:
- Leos fall fast and hard in love but trust needs to be earned. – Oh, yeah. The little inside joke of “I don’t date. I fall in love.” 😀
- Leos have huge hearts and much love to give, but are afraid to show their true feelings.
- Leos aren’t into games. Play hard to get and they’ll just move onto someone else more mature than you. – Too true.
- Leos are kind-hearted when in love and will do anything for their mate.
- Leos are extremely understanding and respect honesty.
- Leos are very picky about a few things. They have high standards.
- Leos are more attracted to interesting people rather than hot people.
- If you can’t hold a conversation, you won’t hold a Leo’s attention even if you are attractive. – So true. In previous life, I really, really, REALLY liked this guy. “He was tall & handsome as hell…” I admired him from afar for years. When we finally got the chance to spend time together, I realized we just weren’t connecting. It didn’t take long for the warm, fuzzy feelings to disappear. *sigh!*
- Leos give without expecting to receive. – Truth. I wish it wasn’t, though.
- Sometimes, it’s better to be kind than to be right for a Leo.
- You have to be very special to a Leo to show their sensitive side to you. – Mhmm. *nods head*
- A Leo’s emotional state is written all over their face. – YES. I wish I wasn’t so transparent.
- Leo tried, you didn’t, they’re done, have fun. – I should make this my mantra.
- If you want to know a Leo, take your time and be patient. They are selective about the people they mingle with. – What? Real friends are hard to find in this world. It’s a lesson I have a hard time wrapping my head around in. It’s a very recent lesson.
It’s fun to see sometimes what the zodiac says about your sign. I just don’t feel like I fit the Leo profile, though. Leos just seem to have the strong personality that I don’t really possess. Just between you and me, I’ve always wished I was a Virgo. Ssshh…
* source: Leo Tweets