I was a little late to hop on to the #threefictionalcharacters meme, which I saw in Twitter. Truth be told, it took me one weekend and three workdays to finally pull together the three fictional characters who I can relate to the best. Surprisingly, I didn’t add someone from any book. I think it’s because my mind couldn’t just make up on any one character. I thought of going for Tris in the “Divergent” trilogy but then again… We-ell! I might just be overestimating myself a bit there. (Haha.) So I scrapped that. Instead, I ended up with these three and I think they were good choices.
Continue reading “Three Fictional Characters”
1. Just like Gabby in “The Choice” movie, I believe in the moon, too. I believe in the pull of its energy and beauty. Fun fact I learned back in college, when I was poring through a random book during my free time: The moon is a symbol of chastity. And that, guys, is today’s big word to reflect on: chastity.
2. I also believe in the power of coffee. And if that is not enough, then I also believe in the power of dumping seven sugar packets in that coffee.
3. The Starbucks venti size is not huge enough. They should create a new one that’s even bigger. Think “more venti than venti” or “super duper venti.”
4. This quote? Also worth believing. Believe me that it’s worth believing. Let’s all believe in this, okay?
5. While we’re on the subject of mushy stuff, I also now believe in every single word of this, especially the ones in bold:
Continue reading ““What do you believe in?” He asked.”
Last weekend was… all about surviving on caffeine while running low on sleep, with an energy that’s practically non-existent. Any form of coherence was chucked out the window.
Friday: The good news is that I was able to watch “Captain America: Civil War” that day. Yay! 😀 Never mind that it meant I only slept for 2.5 hours and I had to work the whole night. Never mind that it felt like the longest Friday ever. Never mind that by past 4 PM, I was so far gone I wasn’t sure I was even holding conversations right. The venti iced latte with triple shots of espresso barely helped, but thank you ever so much anyway, Starbucks. I still love you.
Saturday: I barely got some sleep. Four hours, I think? I got home at six in the morning, slept around 11 or 12 noon, and then woke up by 3 or 4 PM. The struggle was real, guys. The moment I was out and about that Saturday, I felt like I was floating and I couldn’t even feel my face anymore. I may or may not have stumbled a time or two while walking around.
Sunday: I didn’t need to wake up because I DID NOT EVEN SLEEP PROPERLY when I got back home Saturday night. I think I hit the bed around 10 or 11 PM and then woke up around 2 AM. And oh wow, I never fell back asleep again. So when Sunday rolled right in and I had to go somewhere, I was in full-on zombie mode.
Moral of the story: Guys, please don’t ever try barely sleeping for three straight days. Never mind that it’s the hot damned weekend.
I don’t even know how I ever made it to Monday alive.
Continue reading “Everything’s on Fire”